Time Saving Meals Ideas For Summer
At In Order Co. we love the summer! We love to spend our evenings and weekends soaking up the warm sun with our families and friends. We like to keep things uncomplicated around our homes and that includes our meal planning.
Here are a few tips that help us make meals easy breezy through the sunny months:
1. Prep your meals ahead of time. It's such a great feeling when 6 pm hits and you know what's for dinner and feels even better when it just needs to be heated up!
2. Keep it simple. This may seem obvious but there is a reason cold plates, hamburgers, hotdogs, and salads are so popular in the summer. They are all quick, easy, and generally a crowd pleasure.
3. Meal plan for the week. Write it on a chalkboard, whiteboard, or calendar in the kitchen. You can shop for those specific ingredients (which will reduce food waste) and not have to think about it comes to supper time.
4. Double batch. Just as it sounds- make two family servings of one meal and pop one in the fridge or freezer for another din-din.
5. When you're hosting a bunch of people go for a potluck option. People love to bring food to help and it makes it simple to host.
6. When the grill is going throw another protein on. 2 for 1. Drumsticks for that night, wings for later in the week. Salmon that night, grilled veggies another. You get the idea ;)
7. Keep chopped up fruits and veggies in the fridge. These ready to go, healthy snacks can make an awesome side in a cinch. You can also make fun veggie kabobs - a fun cooking activity for kids too!
These are just a few of our time saving meal ideas for summer. We hope these help you spend less time planning and more time enjoying the beautiful weather, doing whatever you love, with the ones you love!
Photo sourced by First Quote Health